About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Endeavors

So it is Christmas Eve tonight. While I would love to be able to go home for this holiday season, I find that I am too far away and working to pay bills and not for extras at this time in my life.

My new plans include looking for a job, and also working on my business. My new plan is to start writing knitting patterns. As I hear it, it's much easier to use this as a way to sell since you don't have to keep recreating the same thing over and over again. In the meantime, I work on finishing gifts for friends and creating new designs. I also look for new ways to market my shop.

My new project in progress (not necessarily for friends):




An entrelac purse. All I need are handles and buttons. Any suggestions as to how I should make them look? For handles, I'm thinking i-cord (and if so, one single cord or three braided in the corresponding colors?). Maybe just a wooden handle? If I do this, I would not have to buy these colors all over again, as I seem to have lost them in my most recent move.

Well, regardless of the handles or the buttons, I will be experiencing yet another Southern holiday tomorrow. This time, a traditional Christmas. I will be spending it in good company, even if not my own family. I am thankful to have someone to spend it with. Actually, I am very thankful, as I have had many invites from people who were willing to open their family holiday to me knowing I was not able to be with my own. The world finds ways of working itself out again.

No comments: