About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Interesting Discoveries

Since I've been to South Carolina, I've noticed that quite a few things are different than what I'm used to. Everyone is always asking me how I like it here. the answer to that is that I do like it here. I'm even handling the 90-100 degree heat well.

There does, however, seem to be an entirely different lingo that I am learning all the time.

There are the usual ones you would expect:

Soda=Pop
Y'all=You all

But then, there are those that you wouldn't normally know unless you were here:

Broughs=Bough of a tree
Cut it on=Turn it on
Marios=Meal worms
Textes=Texts

As I continue on in this journey away from home, I miss all that I used to know more and more. I can't wait to be able to come home to visit again.

I hear it's very nice by the lake and it is my goal to get out there some time soon. I would also love to get back to the ocean, I loved it there, and felt inexplicably better while I was there.

For those of you I've been hearing from, thanks! I'm happy to hear how you all are doing, and can't wait until I can see you all again.

No comments: