About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The things I hold dear

It is just amazing how things work out sometimes. I move across the country for a new job with big hopes, and I find myself even more broke than when I left the job I totally understood but made less at. Life is a trade off, in every sense, all the time.

I know I needed the challenge, but the fact remains that I miss what I used to do, who I used to spend time with and the reasons I did it all. So friends from back home, I miss you. I don't want to lose touch just because I'm down south. It's not so far away that we can't talk. And I truly look forward to Carmen's wedding so that I can see at least some of you again.

A year ago, I was in Thailand. It seems that every spring brings me something new and unexpected. Makes me wonder what will happen next spring. That seems to be the season in my life that brings about the most change each year.

In the meantime, I was lucky enough to have my guy here for almost two weeks. It was nice to have someone from home. While he was here, we accomplished a lot. I almost got furniture, but they couldn't verify my address so I still just have a computer chair in the living room. We went shopping, checked out some new venues, a play and even got to go to Myrtle Beach. I believe that was the highlight for the both of us. Although I was still getting over being sick, I found the ocean just made me feel better. I actually went through a period of adjustment to feeling better there, and then back to to a bit of cruddiness when I arrived home again.

Since that trip, things have been up and down. Work is very interesting, with the school season winding down and the summer season ramping up. This past weekend I went with the teens and my coworkers on a "camping trip" to a farm that was really beautiful. I even got to have a campfire, which I have to say, I've missed quite a bit. I did a night hike, looked at constellations and threw in some teambuilding.

I'm making friends now, and get this, I actually found a knitting shop that has an actual knitting night. I never thought I'd find something like that around here. Talk about PMA.

Lately, I have also been hearing from friends I haven't heard from in quite some time, and it's great to catch up.

I'll be trying to keep up a little more regularly. It's been a little crazy lately, and I've been putting in many extra hours.

More updates to come!

No comments: