About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Monday, July 28, 2008

What I've been learning

I always think it is a positive thing to take time to reflect the everyday things that happen in your life. There's always something to be found in them.

As a server, I find that it's the people who are already the nicest and cleanest who apologize and thank me for "putting up with" them. I'm completely baffled by this. Sundays seem to make people nicer.

As a high ropes facilitator I see people's personalities come out in full force. You don't get any more real than when someone is at their most vulnerable. I also learned that you can't expect that just because a group of people are all fitness instructors, for example, that they have no fear. I found this to be my most challenged group emotionally yet.

I had this entire blog posting brilliantly laid out at about 5:30 this morning when I wasn't able to fall asleep again, but it's certainly not coming out very eloquently now.

Let it suffice to say that people will always surprise you. You may know someone for years, and they may shock you with words or actions even still. Or you may not know someone at all, and think you know what to expect from a complete stranger. But chances are, you'll be wrong, either way. Consider yourself lucky if people around you do exactly as you expected.

No comments: