About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Traveling through Chachengsao

Alright, so back to Thailand for a bit.

On the way to Nayao, there were some educational adventures. I learned that on Mondays, everyone wears yellow because it is the color of the King, and he was born on a Monday. Here is a random shot in a mall settting. All yellow.



I learned that chicken in Thailand is exceptionally fresh.


And I learned that religion is exceptionally important.


On the way to Nayao village, we stopped at the Wat Sothorn (Buddhist temple). It is in the city of Chachengsao and is a major focal point there. I was told by many to make sure I see this. And I can see why. All that you can see on the outside that is gold, is just that-gold. And it is solid gold, not even gold leaf.



Normally, there is only one Buddha figure inside any given temple. This one has two. The story goes that one was seen in the Bangpakong River and was pulled out from this point.

The floor of the temple tells the story as you walk to give your orchids to the temple in honor of the Buddha.

Inside, the view was amazing. Two solid gold Buddhas are there, and are worshipped on a regular basis of over 1000 Thai visitors each day, not to mention all the cheesy tourists like myself. Below you can see how one could end up feeling very spiritual in this Wat.



I took many pictures throughout the rest of the drive, but most of them didn't turn out very well, so I'll spare you the extra. The rest of the majority of the trip took place in the most rural setting I've ever been on, in a place that is not even on Thai maps, the village of Nayao.

No comments: