About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Weekend thoughts

Learning from mistakes creates a drive to do better. I learn from them every single day. I make many mistakes all the time, both while serving and in my other life, and find that I only become better in what I am doing.

I refer to the kind of mistakes that are usually the small ones about which people are more than willing to inform and reprimand us for (anyone ever seen Office Space?). But what about those that we make in life decisions? Who is telling us about those? Are they really mistakes, or simply a different way to get to the same place? I wonder all the time if I'm doing the right thing. Not in general, I know I want to be in the EE field, but is my approach "correct" for me? Would I not have picked it if I didn't feel that it was? Am I missing something great that I am simply not aware of? If I am, does it really matter, since I can't know the difference anyway?

In between working and working, these thoughts swirl in my head. Overall, I think I'm doing things "right". I'm happy, have extra money (wow!) and am continuously making friends. Do I really need much more than that? Want may be a different story, but as for needing, I'm perfectly fine. I suppose we never come to conclusions on thoughts like these, they are always changing, as are then circumstances. I'm finally okay with that in life. I'm fine with not being sure about everything and am willing to take some chances to get where I'd like to be. I'm also willing to be flexible about where I want to be. But it has to be what I want, and not what I'm told I should.

Knowledge is reflection, and I strive to make more time for this.

No comments: