About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New Hope

Well, a quick update here.

First of all I've managed to get myself into a new job as a contracted grant writer in the Soil and Water Conservation District. Finally, a position in my field that will hopefully turn into something full time! Fingers are crossed. Just gotta be good at my job and find some money. Moving home wasn't a horrible career move after all.

And also...drumroll....we're getting a puppy! Meet Birdi, our new baby beagle.


We get to pick her up in a week and a half and are so excited, just as if we were new human parents! We have new dishes for her, a couple different collars (one that's bigger for when she's older) and an engraved name tag. I even went all crafty mom on it and made her a blanket! I'll soon have one for Bogey as well. :)



I'll of course keep you all updated when we get her with our very own pics of her and her progress. Send sleep-filled thoughts to Sevon and I!

Oh, and on a green note, I'm beginning to recycle more again now that I have this new job. And hey, I get to do some real work to help my LOCAL environment! Pretty cool.

Last but not least (hard to put them in an order of priority actually), I've been doing the community market and have been doing well. I'll soon be attending the Bass Tournament as well as the Holiday Market on Black Friday. I'm pretty excited that it's been going over well, and once I'm not working 6-7 days a week, I plan on expanding my line to cooling items (those ones with beads in them that get cold when wet) and possibly some custom blankets like Birdi's!

Hopefully you are all doing well, and if I haven't heard from you in a while, feel free to update me!

No comments: