About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Logical Knitter

So a few days ago I took a test on my Knitting Brain. My results said I was a "logical knitter". In the results description, it said that I like to understand the logic behind how things work, behind a pattern in this case. This is so true. It went on from that thought to say that many people like me come from a scientific background. This is so true. And to think I spent all those years and all that money on a degree in Biology when I never felt like it was all making sense and I could have just started knitting years ago. Apparently my scientific mind would have gone to better
use there.

The thing that really caught my attention in the description though was that "many successful professional knitters fall into this category". Did you catch that? The word successful? Hmmm...I'm just gonna keep going on this and hope that the next time someone drops a huge opportunity in my lap to do a large order that I desperately do not want to turn down but have to, I can actually fill it within the time frame.

Ok, so I can't really rely on an online personality test to determine my life, but who ever got anywhere without seeing what was in front of them or ignoring the positives? It really doesn't matter how much of what you see out there that is positive is really just a load of crap. What matters is that you saw it, and that if affected you positively. The reasoning behind this? It will generally bring about more positivity along the way if you pay it any attention at all.

So does this suddenly make the logical knitter into the hopeful knitter?

No comments: