About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Am An Adaptable Mammal

When they said palmetto bugs (extremely large cockroaches), ok. When they said the heat was pretty much unbearable, I said ok.

But the driving...

http://www.gmacinsurance.com/SafeDriving/StateRankings.asp

No one is safe even within the vicinity of South Carolina. You might not even be safe walking. I say this because of the amount of near accidents I have either seen or been in. Well that combined with the number of cars on the side of the road even between my place and work on a daily basis.

Otherwise, I'm adapting to the flora and fauna. I see a lot of cardinals, river birch instead of paper birch, slash pine instead of red pine.

And this Friday, they predict it will be over 100 degrees. Saturday, just a little bit higher. Wow, when they say heat wave, they really mean it. Keep this Minnesota girl in your thoughts everyone!

No comments: