About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Perspective

So much is going on lately that I can't keep up with it all. For weeks now, I've been sitting on a decision of whether or not to take a job offer. At first, I wasn't sure how stable the offer was, but now I know that it is a for sure thing, and all I have to do is say yes.

I weigh the pros and cons in my head almost every day in an effort to come up with what I should be doing with my life. The job is across the country, in South Carolina to be specific. While I would love to be able to stay in the Midwest at the very least, I'm beginning to see that I can't put my schooling to use as soon as I'd like if I stay. If I take it for a professional upgrade, I just have to figure out how I'm going to handle taking a social downgrade. Leaving all that I have here will be difficult, but I know that no matter what I do, I have the support of people who love me.

In other news, I have become the Star Performer at work, meaning I must know what I'm doing at my job. In all seriousness, I was very touched by the speech given to me. Many thoughtful things were said about my work ethic that I take to heart and will continue to expand on. It just goes to show that I was right, I chose the field that is really for me.

My parents always told me to find what makes me happy. I'm just feeling pretty lucky that I will be able to make a life for myself doing exactly that.

1 comment:

RB said...

best wishes! i'm sure you'll kick butt -- its exciting, very happy for you!

godspeed on your journey