About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Little More from Ko Kret


On the island, there was a place where performances took place, so we chose to watch these for a short while. I missed the first one, which truly was the prettiest, but I did get the "intermission",



and some shorter clips of the next girl that danced.



Here's a longer clip of her. You can see that she is telling a story through her dance, and even though I don't know what it is, I like to imagine different things each time I watch it.




After a rather rushed shopping spree we met up with the rest of the group. They had rented two boats for us to go sight seeing all around the island.





















The sights from the boat were much like this, with houses directly in the water and on stilts. There were often people wading in the water and working on something, I wasn't sure exactly what.










We went to a restaurant on the edge of the island where you got off the boat and immediately took your own shoes off, leaving them by the dock. It was amazing how they were always there when you went back. The problem, however, is that when you have to use the toilet, the floors are always wet, because of the system. Thais have a solution for this. Introducing public toilet shoes. These sit outside the women's bathroom for all to use. When you are done, you take them off outside the door, and the next person in line puts them on. Not the best option in the world, but what else would you do? Go barefoot in there? I think not.

After the island, we took a long bus ride back into the heart of Bangkok and went off to see the Grand Palace. Be prepared to be dazzled. :)





No comments: