About Me

I'm a 30-something girl shaping my life to be what I've always wanted. I've been incredibly fortunate to have never dealt with any major mental health issues despite both parents having many. I can't believe the luck and take none of it for granted. I hope to reach out to others who may live the same life.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Recovery Mode

Oh my, life throws you some doozies, doesn't it? Two weeks of pneumonia, and I finally begin to feel like there isn't a weight on my chest. Well, at least in one small aspect of life anyway. I can't say the same for most others, but at least this one is clearing up.

My advice for the day: Always spring for the better doctor.

After being sent home with pills that don't work and told after the new set was not working that all was fine, I finally went to a family practice today who seemed to know what they were doing and ran some tests and...you know...did something. Man, not only did the extra shot of medicine work as of tonight, but I have a mental peace of mind now that all will be well. That's probably the most important part of recovery, really.

In most posts, I manage to fit knitting in there. Well lately, there hasn't been much happening. I did do a couple pieces last week when I was awake, but the last few days or so, it's been sleepville and a burning lung for me. Man, am I glad to be out of that! Now I can begin my cousin's mittens...oh if I could only get that one figured out. Still up for any patterns that are easily altered if anyone has the basics of mittens...a mittens 101 so to speak. I'm sure my poor cousin will appreciate them getting done as it's really really cold up north right now!

In other news, I begin the job hunt up north. It's been too much to think about while sick, but it's probably time to get going on that so that when my lease is up, I have a plan. It's always good to have a plan and some goals. That is my New Year's resolution. Figure out a plan and set goals. They may be moldable, but they do need to exist.

No comments: